Saturday, June 5, 2010

First Day

Breakfast, what a treat, we’re staying in Murnau at the Sporerhof. If I were to eat only one meal it would be breakfast. Typically a German breakfast is bread, butter (of course), soft boiled eggs and an assortment of meats and cheeses. I think my favorite was the homemade liverwurst, yummy!

Off to the daytrip to Dachau. What a somber, sad and very moving experience. It’s hard to comprehend what happened and why but it’s a good lesson for all of us to remember just how lucky we truly are.

Dinner was at a local restaurant by the lake where I had the fish plate and the rest of my family sampled local favorites including the bier and Apfelstrudel.

2 comments:

  1. The food sounds great--no surprise there. I'm glad you were able to make it to Dachau. It's so important. Have a pumpkin seed roll with butter and salami for me.

    ReplyDelete